Saturday 3 March 2012

Get all dolled up!


Hello Lovelies! ✿♥

Hope you are all well :) Today I would like to introduce you to the asian trend that is  Dolly Lashes! I wasn't sure what to make of this super girly look, but I decided to give it a go the other day and lets just say I fell in love!

For lashes that resemble a doll's, makeup is used to create a look that is brighter, larger and more enhanced than normal. In order to achieve the right look the lashes must be bold, long and curled. Creating the actual dolly lash is very simple as long as you have the necessary tools.


All you need to do to get these fake doll like lashes without having to glue on falsies, is start by applying 2 coats of mascara in the usual way. Allow lashes to dry and then use a curler. Next, simply use your mascara brush vertically instead of the usual horizontal way. It doesn't matter if some of the lashes clump together, this just gives even more of the dolly effect. This look is perfect teamed with a candy pink or nude lip. Now all you gotta do is go find yourself a ken or hit the cocktail bar with your fellow barbies!

Let me know what you think of this look!

16 comments:

  1. lovely blog and post!

    love,x
    http://elliebeaa.blogspot.com
    I'm doing a giveaway.. check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the over the top, dolly lashes! Never thought to try using my brush vertically, thanks for the tips :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaa! "find a ken"!! this made me laugh xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will definitely be trying this- thank you for suggesting it :)

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks nice!!!

    Im having a giveway, want to check it out?
    http://seventhingsbeauty.blogspot.com/2012/02/review-cutey-charm-bracelets-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I will be sure to check out your giveaway! xxx

      Delete
  6. Hey I like your blog, please check out my blog and if your interested in following each other, follow me and ill follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you really liked my blog you would simply follow my blog without asking me to follow yours first.

      Delete
  7. Just come across your blog and love it. New follower via GFC and twitter.
    Enjoy your sunday

    Caite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thanks chick, enjoy your sunday too! :) xoxo

      Delete
  8. good one! very funny post, but I'm not sure if I like so much mascara, hehe :) cool for photos thought ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment and make my day :)