Thursday 22 March 2012

Interview with Rachael!

Afternoon Sweeties!

Happy Thursday :) Another week has gone by so you know what that means? Another blogger interview! Today I would like to introduce you all to the lovely Rachael from Island Girl Insights ♥ FYI One of my most favourite blogs :)





1. When and why did you first start blogging? I started blogging in August 2010! I really liked the idea of keeping a diary, but I'm rubbish at handwritten ones, I always forget about them after a few days. I thought that blogging would be a great way to get my thoughts down on "paper" and to keep a record of what I've been doing.

2. What do you like most about blogging? I really love sharing the things I love and finding other people who love them too! I think the blogging community is so friendly and supportive. I can't ask for better friends than some of those I've made through blogging.

3. Is there anything you dislike about blogging? I think sometimes it feels like a lot of time and effort goes into blogging, with little or no return. That's really only when I've lost my mojo though - or when I have a tonne of work to do and I put it off so I can blog instead!!

4. What do you think of my blog? I love your blog! I've been following since you started out and you always seem to have great tips and tricks that I'd never heard of before. I love your reviews too - always have me wanting to spend money I don't have!

5. Who/what inspires your blog? Really I'd have to say myself! I'm a firm believer in being your own person no matter what, so if I get the urge to write about my video game obsession or my penchant for all things Dr Who then I'll just do it! I want my blog to reflect exactly who I am, inside and out! :)
6. What do you use to take pictures for your blog? I used to use my trusty little Samsung SL202 - it was perfect for me! It was recently dropped by a friend who was a little tipsy and no longer works :( I'm so sad!! I really want a DSLR, but I'm a poor student :'(

7. Do you or would you work with pr companies? I don't at the moment but I'm perfectly happy to. I won't write reviews on things that don't relate to me or my blog somehow and I won't write a positive review if I think something is rubbish!

8. Do you or intend to hold giveaways on your blog? I've already had a couple, but I don't want people joining my blog just for giveaways! Quality not quantity! :)

 

Favourites
Beauty product: YSL Touche Eclat
Hair product: Batiste Dry Shampoo

Magazine: I don't read mags, but for the plane I get Cosmo
Food: Sushi!
Film: The Labyrinth
Music: Calypso/Soca

This or that
Opi or Essie: Essie
Mac or YSL: YSL
Barbie or Sindy: Barbie
Facebook or Twitter: Errrr, neither?
Newspapers or Books: Books
Pizza or Pasta: Pasta
Staying in or Going out: Staying in
Rock or Rap:Rock



Finish this sentence
You should visit my blog because ...
I'm really friendly and I write about a variety of things including books, travel, nails, outfits, make up, video games!! There's always something new to read :)

Links
Twitter: @rachyylou

Thanks for letting me take part lovely xxxx

You're sooo welcome hunnie, thanks for allowing me to interview you :)

I'm not looking to interview anyone else at the moment, as I have a couple still lined up and then I shall be taking a break to make new interview questions etc.




10 comments:

  1. Just found your lovely blog am now following :)
    I am doing a MAC giveaway at the moment if interested pop on by xxx

    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks hun :) Will definately check it out! xxx

      Delete
  2. I have so much love for Rachael, brill read and LOVE this girl lots
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rachael! She is such a lovely person and her blog is SO fab!

    Love, Elizabeth xx

    http://butterflyboo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! Thanks so much darlings, this is a lovely end to my stressful week. Totally having a massive blush reading all these comments! So much love for you guys!! :* <3 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. HUGE thank you to Tiffeny for having me! :) :) xxx

      Delete
    2. Everyone loves you and your blog Rach! :) So welcome hunnie, it was a pleasure <3 xxx

      Delete

Leave a comment and make my day :)